Thursday, December 07, 2006

My first sandwich loaf


I've been baking a lot lately and last night I made my first white sandwich loaf. Now, most of my breads come out all wonky shaped and not much capable of being a sandwich bread. This one came out perfect! The crumb is very nice, and the crust is a little crisp but not so crunchy you feel like you're gnawing on a piece of bark. And the color and shape is perfect too! Yay me! I'm going to make this loaf a lot. It was really really easy, and no sponge to care for or anything. I do want to make bread with a bread sponge sometime, but this is definately an easy "start in the early afternoon, and it's ready by dinnertime" bread.

3 comments:

Karin said...

That looks great. Could I trouble you for the recipe?

CraftyHobbit said...

Karin, just follow Lesson Two: Adding Something More from www.thefreshloaf.com. The only thing I did differently was crank the oven to 450 during the preheat session, and left it there for 5 minutes of baking before turning it down to 350. Send me an email (address in my profile) if you have other questions!

Karin said...

Thanks a bunch!! Can't wait to try it.