Wednesday, June 15, 2011

One More to Go...

I've been neglecting this blog for the last couple of months, but here's the update. I had my 4th and 5th appointments and now I only have one more to go. I'm having my last appointment with Dr Clark on July 5th, and then I go straight over to Dr Berger to have my final consult and schedule my surgery. I have chosen the Duodenal Switch procedure and I am very happy that Dr Berger is able to accomodate that.

I'm also down 15 lbs from my highest weight (weighed the day I started the program on January 6th). I had some "before" pictures taken and now all I need to do is get some "before" measurements. I'm not going to go crazy measuring everything, but I'm thinking waist, hips, upper arms, and thighs.

I'm currently researching my vitamins, as the DS surgery has a heavier protein and vitamin supplement requirement than the standard RNY. They make special DS vitamins but those are pretty pricey. Still, I might end up spending just as much if I try to buy all the vitamins in "normal person" amounts. I'd have to take a crazy number of them, so three DS vites a day might be more economical in the long run. We'll see.

I'm also planning on stocking up on a bunch of protein shake samples. I've heard that sometimes, even if you really liked your shake before surgery, you can end up hating it. So I want to have a variety although I hope I can keep up with my current shake as it's pretty cheap and I can get it at Sam's Club.

Surgery seemed so far away, and now that I'm getting close it seems there are still mountains of things to take care of first. I got my packet of paperwork to fill out for my medical leave at work. I've also been "nesting" a lot lately, by cleaning our house and purging lots of items. I feel the need to make things as simple as possible. And I absolutely CANNOT WAIT to start throwing out fat clothes. I have a ton of clothes right now, some that fit and most that will be my "transition" clothes for while I lose weight (I'm basically covered between the sizes of 28 down to 18, then I have to go shopping). The closets are busting... it's really getting out of hand. I'm only saving one pair of fat pants so I can take that "stand in one leg of the pants" photo after my weight loss is done. Then I'm going to have a party where I burn the fat pants!

No comments: