Monday, July 10, 2006

A pox upon my house.

Ack! My house is a disaster and my mom is coming to visit in two days! The living room is fairly straight, thank god. The kitchen? I'd prefer not to think about it. The Litterbox Closet? I'm pretending it doesn't exist, thus exacerbating the problem.

My bedroom is messy rather than dirty. I just need to pick up the dirty clothes and put them in the hamper, on the pretense of putting them later into the washing machine. This may not happen for a month, but at least they will be gathered into one place. Ideally, I should take time to straighten the house every day. But as I insist on living in mess, I need to at least consolidate the mess into neat piles.

Am I doomed to be a slob the rest of my life? I'd like to blame it on ADD. "I just start cleaning and get distracted, so I never really finish cleaning." But I can't. Because I don't have ADD. I have a perfectly functioning attention span when it comes to knitting, World of Warcraft, or just sitting around on my ass watching TV. Is there a clinical diagnosis for "lazy"? I don't recall there being one. They should include it in the next edition of the DSM. "Chronic Sitting Disorder" they could call it, for that would encompass the many places I park my ass instead of tending to my horrid apartment.

No comments: