Sunday, March 02, 2008

Major Changes

It's been awhile since I've posted, and life has been quickly going by. The biggest development, I've joined Weight Watchers. I wanted the husband to join with me, but I guess he's just not ready to make the life commitment. Food still has too hard a hold on him and he doesn't want to break that yet. I can relate. But I finally decided that, in order for us to have a baby, ultimately it's me who has to get in shape. That and I'm tired of being uncomfortable. I want to sew and knit myself clothes, without having to spend 3 times as much on materials. A therapist once told me to make a list of reasons why a goal is important, and that will help you stay on track. So this blog post is my list of reasons. The list is in no other order than how the thoughts come to me.

  • I want to have a baby by 30.
  • I don't want to have my knees replaced.
  • I want to have a more creative sex life.
  • I want to take my dog on hikes and outdoor adventures.
  • I want to sew clothes and knit garments for myself.
  • I want to fly in an airplane without the anxiety I won't fit in the seat.
  • I want to be able to buckle my seatbelt again.
  • I want to shop at thrift stores for clothes.
  • I want to attend my 10 year high school reunion looking better than I did at 18.
  • I want to be able to help my husband lose weight, when he's ready.
Oh and one more thing, I'd like to say that I'm totally in love with chinese eggplant. It is the tasty!

3 comments:

The Secret Gardener said...

You go girl. Enjoy the journey. You can do it! Mom

Karin said...

I've been soooo out of the blog loop, so I just read this now. Congrats though, I see you already lost 10 lbs! That is amazing. I know you can do it!!

I have been REALLY making an effort to eat healthy lately too. Lots of vegetables. I find it just gives me more energy and makes me feel better about myself that I am making good choices in my life--helps with any depression and anxiety I may feel. i'd be happy to swap some recipes with you.

Lover Applewhite said...

Go you!! You will do amazing. For what it's worth from an internet drifter, I think you're awesome.