Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Jingle Bells, Yummy Smells, Batman laid an egg...

Well, we still haven't put the lights on the tree or anything of that nature, but I did start some beginning holiday decorations. The lovely Kim helped me wrap the front door. Thank goodness we did it right after Thanksgiving because now it is too cold. We ended up putting the cats in "daycare" (aka the bathroom) and wrapped the door while it was wide open. I think it looks good though. I wish I would have put the cross piece of ribbon higher up near the bow, but eh it's my first year to do this. Mistakes are bound to happen, and happen frequently. Actually I think the door looks pretty boss. You can't even see the peephole, but it can see you!

The further plans for actual decorations are a lighted, dinky tree and some electric candles in the window. That and many batches of x-mas cookies. I have been baking like a mad woman. I am not sure what has come over me, especially since I haven't eaten all the cookies yet. This is a rather large accomplishment. So far, Birds' Nests, Brown Eyed Susans, Spritz, Walnut Fudge, and Butter Cookie Christmas Trees are all baked and frozen, ready to be thawed closer to time. The linzers are also baked, but have yet to be filled and decorated. Still, it has filled my house with all kinds of yummy smells. And this weekend I'm adding Banana Nut Muffins and Zucchini Brownies to the baking schedule. Oh yeah.

No comments: