Friday, March 23, 2007

Flowers

So about a year ago I bought a gorgeous bridal bouquet hanging plant from the local nursery. It has been hanging in my kitchen since then, barely clinging onto life. The soil it was originally planted in was very very bad at holding any moisture and the thing would dry into styrofoam consistency between waterings. I don't know why it took so long, but about a week ago I repotted the damn thing in a last ditch effort to save it. Well, that was a great idea because now it's bounced back and is more beautiful than before! Within a week it's put out a lot of growth, about 25 flower buds, and one lovely lone white flower. I call her Gladys. Every time I walk by the plant, I have to smile and say hi to her. I don't know if that makes me really weird, but I know I'm not the only one who talks to their plants.

Here's a closeup of Gladys in all her glory:

Speaking of flowers, when he came home my boyfriend presented me with these!
... which is good because earlier in the day I dropped my laptop on its wireless card, which resulted in this:

No comments: