Saturday, March 03, 2007

The Great Crouton Adventure

It was a rushed morning where both the boyfriend and I were running late. As always, he was ready first and flew down the stairs to grab some breakfast and head to work. I'm pulling on my jeans when he leaves and, as he is walking out the door, I hear "Sorry I didn't clean up the mess." "Oh god, what mess?" I thought. Standing at the top of the stairs, I saw nothing out of the ordinary. At the bottom of the stairs, same thing. However when I got to the living room I saw croutons scattered everywhere. My immediate thought was WTF? Then I found the empty crouton bag, with its telltale holes and bite marks. Then I knew. Tweek. Tweek the destroyer. Apparently the crouton bag is made from the same type of material as the Temptation's cat treats bags. The Destroyer has a history of ripping into those as well. I sighed, and stooped to clean up the mess. A few days later, I am still finding errant croutons in odd places in the house. Damn cat.

No comments: