Monday, March 02, 2009

M.I.A.

Our beloved Mia has been missing since late January, and I've gone through all the emotions from denial, to hopeful, to despair. Lately, I've been thinking about her and thinking of the question "How long is too long?". How long should I keep looking for her before it becomes "too long"? The simple answer is that no amount of time would be too long to spend if I got to see my baby again. But at the same time, logic has to come into play. Eventually, we may move away. We won't be able to go to the shelters to look at the strays. I suppose I could keep a constant internet vigil, posting her on every site continuously. But I've been facing that scary thought of "What if I never find her." It's not a place I really want to go, emotionally. I've been steeling my heart to that ultimatum while trying to remain hopeful. I am still worried sick, though I try to not let it interfere with my life. In the end, I know I will see her again. I just don't want to wait that long.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would try knocking on neighbor's doors. More than once I've had a neighboor decide it's an "abandoned" kitty and they are really just helping it. Multiple times, with different cats and different towns. Best of luck.

CraftyHobbit said...

Sadly we already tried that. We took postcard-sized flyers to every house on our block and left them. All we got was someone threatening to sue us. *sigh*